Friday, October 25, 2013

Sephora's Benefit: "Real Birthday Turn-ons"



So, as you may have seen from my previous post, I just had a birthday and scooped up a couple of goodies.  I haven't played with them all, but I did use a couple of new items.

Every year, Sephora Beauty Insiders get the opportunity to pick up a free beauty item for their birthday.  This year's gift is the Benefit Real Birthday Turn-ons, which features a sample size mascara and highlighter.  I wanted to try out the products, so check out the pics below!




Benefit: Watt's Up Highlighter

Benefit: Watt's Up Highlighet

Benefit: Watt's Up Highlighter Swatch


Benefit: Watt's Up Highlighter Swatch blended

The highlighter has a pretty smooth application, sort of like lipstick for your cheekbones.  I didn't find it very difficult to blend.  I wore it to work for a few days and it didn't seem to over power the look.  I classify my skin as combination/oily and I don't feel that I came away, looking like a grease-ball.  Benefit's Watt's Up highlighter retails for $30 (USD) for 9.4g (0.33oz).  

As for the mascara, you can judge for yourself...


No mascara

Benefit: They're Real Mascara (one coat)

Benefit: They're Real Mascara (two coats)

What I appreciate most about this product, is the wand.  The applicator has little comb-like spikes, and on the tip, there's a bulb with more comb-like spikes.  I think this allowed me to get a closer application to my lash-line while being able to separate my lashes.

Adding false lashes isn't something that I do often, so I really like for my mascara to give me volume, length, and drama.  This mascara retails for $23 (USD) for a 8.5g (0.3oz) tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment