Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bath and Body Works 2 for $22, 3-wick Candles




One thing you should know about me is that I absolutely LOVE great smelling, scented candles and when Bath and Body Works has a sale on their 3-wick candles; I go "all in". I have been longing for spring weather, but Winter's gloom has been lurking over many parts of the country. Currently, I'm on spring break and if it isn't evident by the weather that spring has sprung, then my house will surely smell like it!

A few days ago, I was out at the mall, searching for items for my upcoming beach vacation. Needless to say candles isn't really what I was looking for...By the way, I did leave the mall with a few goodies that I'll show in my next blog post. When I passed by the Bath and Body Works store, I noticed the signage outside of the store, stating that the 3 wick candles were on sale at 2 for $22. I found it slightly odd, seeing as though their sales on 3 wick candles are usually 2 for $20. It looks like prices have gone up just a tad, on their candles. 3-wick candles used to retail at $19.50 ea. and can now be purchased for $20 ea.

I decided not to make a purchase at that time because I knew that I had some very old receipts lying around that had coupons on them with no expiration date. Yesterday, I tore through my room looking for the receipts and just when I was about to submit to the agony of defeat, I found 2 of my receipts; one with $10 off a purchase of $30 or more and another receipt with a coupon of $10 off a purchase of $40 or more. I took both with me because I was convinced that I had my sights set on at least 3 fragrances, with the intent to purchase 4 (just a weird quirk that I felt I NEEDED to purchase 4). With the 3-wick candle sales, you can purchase 2 for $22 and each additional candle will be $11. You do not have to purchase even quantities, although I like to. I settled on 3 of the candles and a candle sleeve.

First up the candle sleeve...


Birds & Blooms 3-wick Candle sleeve.  $5.50 USD


I think these sleeves are a great partner for the candles.  It gives them a decorative flair and makes them much more appealing to display.



Lemon Mint Leaf. Regular price $20 USD

When I saw Lemon Mint Leaf, I knew I wanted it.  It gives off a very interesting aroma.  It's not my typical choice in scents, although I don't really know that I have a typical fragrance.  This one smells like a freshly cleaned house.  This candle is described as, "A refreshing mix of freshly cut lemon balm and spearmint blended with soothing vetiver and zesty citrus."




Honeysuckle. Regular price $20 USD

Honeysuckle definitely exudes the aroma of spring.  This candle is described as, "An alluring blend of sweet honeysuckle, pink peony and a touch of creamy vanilla capture the essence of walking through a garden in bloom."  The label also states that it has the aroma of freesia



First Blook. Regular price $20 USD

First Bloom is not a candle that I originally planned to purchase, but as I began to smell the different candles, I found it to be an attractive scent.  This candle is described as, "...the essence of the season's very first blooms with an alluring blend of water lotus and pink peony wrapped in apple blossom and soft woods."  The label also states that it has the aroma of plumeria.


Just as I was about to leave the store, a whole group of summery, beachy candles caught my eye. I can't believe that I missed these beauties. I had to smell every scent before I left the store and part of me wanted to activate another coupon. I restrained myself and for now, I'll tell myself to wait until the next 3-wick candle sale.

If candles are your "thing", then you should hurry out to your local Bath and Body Works.  Neither these sales or these candles are permanent for Bath and Body Works.

2 comments:

  1. Have u tried the Pineapple Mango? It smells amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it in my bag, but put it back. I originally had it my mind to get Peach Market, but for some reason I left them both. They smell delicious though.

      Delete