Sunday, October 27, 2013

RiRi Hearts MAC: RiRi Nude

RiRi Hearts MAC: RiRi Nude

I went to the mall today to pick up a couple of outfits for an event I'll be attending this coming weekend.  The clothing store I went to happened to be directly across from a Belk department store, which is where my local MAC counter can be found.  On my way out of the mall, I spotted one of my favorite MAs at the MAC counter.  I went over there just to say hello, but I did notice that the Rihanna display was no longer up.  The MA asked me if I got anything from the Rihanna collection, which prompted to say something about the missing display and to share my experience with trying to get items from this collection.  She took me over to a drawer full of products from the RiRi Hearts MAC fall collection.  Apparently my local counter just got a shipment.  They didn't get everything, but they got quite a few items.  I know a lot of people missed out on the collection and it seems like the lipsticks were most sought after.  She showed me the Nude lipstick and Who's That Chick, but I decided to grab the Nude and go on my merry way.





RiRi Hearts MAC: Nude Swatch

My Thoughts...
WHY DID I BUY THIS?!?!  Okay, well maybe I'm being a bit dramatic, but this lipstick does NOT photograph well on me.  I'll have to hide from flash photography whenever/if ever I wear it.  I don't know that I've ever felt this way about a MAC lipstick.  I have purchase a few without having a chance to swatch it, but THIS...it's a "no", for me.  As my husband put it, it looks a little "Ashy Larry" and I should have known better because from the pictures/reviews I've seen, this lipstick was a "do" for some and a complete "don't" for many.  The RiRi Nude lipstick looked far more wearable in the tube than on my lips; it pulls very gray on the lips.  It's a matte finish, so it takes a lot less work to apply compared to the Retro Mattes (which I love, by the way).  I've tried it with a couple of liners and I still don't like it.  It looks pretty on my arm, but I don't really know who wears lipstick on their arm.  I thought I'd take a risk with this Nude, because based on how it looked in the tube, it looked more wearable than the Nude lipstick that will be launched in the RiRi Hearts MAC Holiday collection.  I'm not sure what to do with this lipstick.  I'd hate to return it, knowing there are a lot of people who still want to get there hands on this color.

The MA told me that they have a list of customers to call, in case there was a restock.  I too am on that list, but I'm doubtful that I'll get a call considering I signed up for the Diamonds Cream Colour Base, and my local counter didn't get any in.  For those of you still on the hunt...keep hope alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment