Sunday, July 7, 2013

MAC Pro Conceal and Correct Palette


For the 4th of July, my husband and I decided to take a quick getaway...and what would a getaway be without shopping?  I wanted to try to find a MAC Pro store, because I figured I'd have better luck finding some of those items that aren't always available at the counters.  Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, I never did make it by the Pro store, but I did happen to find what I wanted...almost immediately.


At the beginning of the year, MAC made their Pro Conceal and Correct Palettes available on their regular site and at local counters.  I happened to miss the launch of these palettes and had been on the hunt to find one palette that I could conceal, correct, contour, and highlight with.  I've tried Victoria's Secret's concealer/corrector palette.  It came with 5 shades (3 colors and 2 correctors).  I absolutely loved the peach colored corrector, but I could never quite get a mix of the concealers to match my skin tone.  I ended up giving the palette away; that's when I discovered Bobbi Brown color correctors.  I've tried a couple of shades of the color corrector and loved them both, but I could never find a concealer and corrector combo at Bobbi Brown.  I could either purchase a concealer kit, with setting powder, and purchase the corrector separately, but I could not have them conveniently package together...so the hunt continued.


...Anyhow, on this trip, as soon as I walked in the mall, there was the MAC counter, and what was the first thing I ran into...the Pro Conceal and Correct Palette!!  I had no idea that MAC re-released them.  I stalked their website for months, and all I saw was an "OUT OF STOCK" message.  Apparently, these babies are back for good (or so I've been told).


I debated over whether the get the "Medium/Deep" palette or "Dark".  Just to reference the spectrum of foundation and concealer colors I've worn from MAC:
  • Studio Fix Powder in C8 or NW43
  • Pro Longwear Foundation in NW45 (too red/dark)
  • MatchMaster Foundation in 7.5 (I think)
  • Face and Body Foundation in C7
  • Select Moisture Cover Concealer in NW40
  • Pro Longwear Concealer in NW40 and NW45 mixed 

Those are all of the MAC foundations/concealers I've sampled in a quest to find a good match.  My dilemma in choosing a concealor palette is that NW43 would probably be my closest match (NW43 concealer shade is in the "Medium/Deep" palette); however, the MA at MAC felt that the "Dark" palette would allow me more use.


I don't think this palette will allow me to do much in the way of highlighting, but I definitely think I can correct, conceal, and contour with this.  This will be a useful travel companion.  I try to keep my everyday (well I don't wear makeup everyday) routine simple on the days that I wear makeup, so I'm not sure about using all 6 shades in this palette everyday.  Currently, whenever I contour I use MAC Pro Sculpting Cream in Richly Honed (limited edition...picked up at a CCO...more on that in another post) or MAC's Blunt blush.

In-doors, with Flash
Outside
This palette comes with 4 concealer shades and 2 color corrector shades.  It retails for $40 (USD).  There are four different palettes, so there's something for everybody with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment