Saturday, February 2, 2013

JC Penny's Sephora Bids Adieu to Hello Kitty




It appears as though JC Penney’s Sephora locations are bidding farewell to this fabulous feline, Hello Kitty.  Recently, I stumbled upon a couple of YouTube videos, where I learned that Hello Kitty products have been placed on clearance.  What a tremendous opportunity to score items that are still being retailed at higher prices on both, Sephora’s website and in Sephora’s “free-standing” stores!  I could not wait to pay a visit to my local mall to see what items were currently in stock.  Since JC Penney Sephora locations do not typically feature the entire line of Hello Kitty products, this trip was very much a gamble, and I lucked up. 

Sephora, Hello Kitty, 5-piece Brush SetThe Hello Kitty 5-piece brush set that retails for $49 was marked down to $12.  I thought I got a good deal when I purchased the 5-piece brush set that was released with the Hello Kitty Wild Thing collection (on sale), but this takes the entire cake.  Usually Sephora will release a special edition brush set with each collection and it's only a matter of time before you can purchase them for a good deal.  This particular brush set however, is a staple in Sephora's Hello Kitty line-up.  To get this brush set for only $12 was astounding.  For the past few years that Hello Kitty has retailed at Sephora, I debated as to whether or not I should purchase this set...I have to admit, that price made the decision for me. ;o)


 

Sephora Hello Kitty 3-piece brush setThe Hello Kitty 3-piece brush set that retails for $35 was marked down to $8.  I am in love with this brush set!!  I have been stalking this brush since its release last year, but was uncertain of the quality.  I must admit that I am pleasantly surprised by this set.  I was nervous that this brush set would be made out of cheap plastic, but the brushes actually have a nice weight to the.  The bristles are soft enough for the delicate eye area, yet stiff enough to pick up product and apply it.  The bristles are just the cutest fluffy and white with pink tips.  I was able to pick up 4 of these sets for less than the retail price of one.

 
 
 
  
Sephora Hello Kitty hand held mirrorThe Hello Kitty Hand-Held Mirror that retails for $36 was marked down to $8.  I picked this beauty up on a whim.  I already owned the Hello Kitty hand-held mirror that was released with the Hello Kitty Noir holiday collection of 2011.  I decided to pick this mirror up because I figured it would be easier to clean than the black, matte mirror from the Noir collection.  I have to admit that once I purchased the Noir mirror, the original silver hand-held mirror was no longer on my radar...but how could anyone pass up this price?

 
 
 
 
Sephora Hello Kitty apple balm cherry blossom and gumdropThe Hello Kitty Apple Balm (lip balm) that retails on Sephora’s website at $10 was marked down to $3.  This product turned out to be a hidden gem.  I wasn't expecting how moisturizing this was for my extremely dry lips and the subtle wash of color it gives was an added bonus.  This just might replace all of the other lip balms in my collection.  I am not opposed to paying full retail cost for this product.

 

 
  
Sephora Hello Kitty Charmmy Kohl Eyeliner kitThe Hello Kitty Charmmy Kohl Eyeliner kit that retails for $29 was marked down to $7.  What a great way to experiment with adding color to the waterline.  This convenient package features 7 eyeliner colors that, for the price, will make even the less adventurous take the plunge.  From my experience with these eyeliners, they are extremely emollient and glide on with ease.

 
 
 
 
 
*All prices are listed in USD currency.

My purchases were broken up into two visits to my local mall.  I was told that in the span of one morning, one shopper came in and purchased 15 of the 5-piece hello kitty brush sets.  Good thing I called when the store opened and asked for them to hold some products for me. :o)

 

If you are a Hello Kitty/Makeup fanatic, this is a sale that you won’t want to miss.

 


5 comments:

  1. Omg where did u get these. Which sephora. What city?!Can u email me at mrsmissyfogle@gmail.com ?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment. I responded to the e-mail address you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can i please ask you a huge favor, do you happen to still have the reciept to this mirror, could you send me a shot of the scew? please... my store has the display and says becuase they dont have the scew they cant sell it to me, i have been trying to get my hands on it for ever. thanks so my much,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure I have the receipt. The problem for me will be finding my receipt. I can try to contact my local to see if they have the sku#.

    ReplyDelete