Sunday, October 6, 2013

MAC Relentlessly Red and Prep + Prime Lip Base

MAC Retro Matte, Relentlessly Red
Trolling the net is not always a good thing.  Sometimes it brings you to things you weren't even thinking about, like MAC's Retro Matte Collection.  In my attempt to maintain my relationship with MAC, the other day, I decided to cave in and take a look at the Retro Matte collection.  There was one color that grabbed my attention, immediately.  When I swatched it on my lips, I fell in love.  I resisted the urge to try additional shades, and the MA at my local MAC counter said they would be permanent shades.

MAC Retro Matte, Relentlessly Red without flash

MAC Retro Matte Lipstick $15 USD

Retro Mattes have a much more drying formula than other MAC lipsticks, which could be horrific if you already have dry lips.  Oddly enough, RiRi Woo is a retro matte and goes on like a dream, on my extremely dry, peeling, chapped lips.  RiRi Woo really comes across smooth and velvety; however, all shades are not made equally.  When I swatched Relentlessly Red, the color separated on my lips.  With that, the MA suggested that I try MAC's prep and prime lip base.  I purchased the base without even testing it out, and now with this soar throat business, I'll have to wait and see.

MAC Prep + Prime Lip Base $16 USD




I was able to "Back-2-MAC" for the lipstick.  I really love how punchy Relentlessly Red looked on me.  The MA had me layer it over a Pro-longwear Lip Pencil (but I don't remember the shade).  I'm confident that this is a color that needs no assistance.  If, in fact, the Retro Mattes will be sticking around for a while, I'm interested in getting to know them better.

MAC: Relentlessly Red Swatch with Flash
MAC: Relentlessly Red Swatch without flash

MAC Brush Cleaner $15 USD


No comments:

Post a Comment