Thursday, March 7, 2013

MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme: Deep Dark Brunette


Today, my package has arrived!!  In much anticipation of warm weather, I’ve been on the hunt for some beauty staples that could withstand the summer heat.  MAC Cosmetics kicked the new year off with the Stylish Brow collection; a collection with all the promises of eyebrow, face framing perfection.  I have tried many different brow products, but I’ve always navigated back to using my faithful MAC eyeshadow, to fill them in.  This collection featured many different brow tools/products; from pencils to powders to gelcremes.  Once I learned that the gelcremes were transfer proof/waterproof, I was sold…but…as the saying goes, “you snooze, you lose”.  By the time I came around to this collection, all of the Fluidline Brow Gelcremes in Deep Dark Brunette were sold out not only on MAC’s website, but also at my local MAC counter.
Last week, while perusing the net, I came across the most wonderful blog (swatchmechocolate.blogspot.com) and found…cue the celestial choir…a post on MAC’s Fluidline Brow Gelcreme!!  Not only was there a post with review about this product, but there was a link to where the product was still available…NORDSTROM.  I completely forgot about this little gem of MAC hopefuls.  I quickly ordered my gelcreme and I’m glad I did because, as my package arrived today, the gelcremes are no longer available on the Nordstrom site.  MAC still has one color held up on its site.  The product retails for $16 USD on MAC's website, but I purchased it from Nordstrom for $15 USD.
With the approaching warm months and bright clothing palettes, I want to ensure that my makeup doesn’t slide off of my face and onto my clothes.  Having a product like this can be very helpful to maintaining a polished look in the heat.  Today, I swatched the gelcreme and here are the pics…
 






Bare Brow


MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme in Deep Dark Brunette


Nordstrom samples with purchase and free shipping
This is a product that you don’t want to take your time with as it dries fairly quickly.  Once this gelcreme dries, it is set.  I rubbed my fingers across my brows and didn’t find any transferring of the product.  Whether or not this product holds up against water or humidity, I haven’t tried yet, but it’s already more promising than anything I’ve used in the past.  I really hope MAC considers either bringing this product back or making it permanent.
 
What are your thoughts?  Are there any other comparable products on the market?  What is your favorite brow product?

2 comments:

  1. It looks very natural. I almost can't tell a difference between the two pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey! I'm glad that I could help! Hehe, I told you that you'd love it! (My blog is empty now due to some craziness, but do stay tuned!!)

    I definitely want to Back it up but my Paint pots semi dried out so idk if its a good idea.

    Love your post <3 thanks for the blog love.

    ReplyDelete