Tuesday, April 2, 2013

More Hello Kitty?!?!?!?! Is that possible?



Last week, I decided to venture into a store that I hadn't visited before.  My mission was to just look around, but with all the cuteness screaming at me, I had to leave with something.  Character World is a store that I wasn't too familiar with.  I had often walked by it and noticed the huge plush Hello Kitty in the window.  After much curiosity and a little bit of time to spare, I decided to venture into the store.  As I walked along the perimeter of the store, I noticed an all too familiar Sanrio character...TUXEDO SAM!!  Growing up, this little penguin had to be my absolute favorite, but he has since been hiding in retirement, only to make appearances every once in a while.  I can recall when Sanrio celebrated their 50th anniversary; they displayed some special edition products in Target stores.  That's when I found a small Hello Kitty plush doll in a Tuxedo Sam costume.  That's about as close as I could get to my little blue friend.  During my visit to Character World, I stumbled across some Tuxedo Sam earrings and had to get them. 


Tuxedo Sam stud earrings. $4.99 USD

I also lucked up on a very edgy set of Hello Kitty earrings in black and gold.  The earrings didn't have a price tag on them and there were none left to compare them to.  I accepted the price quote of $12.99 from the owner.  I took to the internet to try to find out if any other retailers carry them and happened to come across a couple of sites.  It looks like I got a little bit of a deal because the sites I came across wanted a little bit more money for the earrings.  I found the earrings online here, here, and here.  I have to say that I am not too familiar with those sites and haven't ordered anything from them before, but it is a little comforting to know where to find them in case Character World doesn't get more in stock. 


Hello Kitty earrings by Loungefly. $12.99 USD


I don't know how long the earrings will hold up in my sensitive earlobes, but I'll be sure to check back in with more updates.



Since I was in a Hello Kitty sort of mood, I decided to go down to Sephora and check out the Tokyo Pop collection.  I took the opportunity to swatch the newest palette and fell in love, but instead set my sights on some old items I wanted to get my hands on.  While at Sephora, I tried my luck with one of the Sales Associates and asked if there were anymore products from the "Wild Thing" collection.  To my surprise, the associate was able to locate an item that I had on my wish list.  I was excited and annoyed at the same time.  I was excited to learn that they still had items available, even though they were no longer on the salesroom floor.  I was annoyed because I called for two items in particular WEEKS ago and were told that they didn't have them.  Sometimes, it may be more beneficial to actually visit the store location.  I went ahead and purchased the Hello Kitty "Wild Thing" comb and decided to order the makeup bag online.



Sephora Hello Kitty Wild Thing Wide Tooth Comb.  Originally priced $12. On sale, $7 USD

I am familiar with the durability of this comb because I have the silver one that was released with the Noir collection.  It offers wide teeth, a heavy grade plastic, and is large in size.  I have used it for detangling on both wet and dry hair.



Yesterday, my Sephora package finally arrived.  I have been slowly picking up items from this collection that launched late last year.  This is probably the final accessory piece from the "Wild Thing" collection that I didn't own.  One thing I noticed about this makeup bag, compared to some from previous releases, is that it does not have pockets/pouches inside, but it makes up in the amount of room that it gives.  I can't wait to test out the durability of this bag.  Maybe I'll take it on my upcoming vacation.



Sephora Hello Kitty Wild Thing Bag.  Originally priced,$29.  On sale, $15 USD 


Sephora Hello Kitty Wild Thing Bag


Sephora Hello Kitty Wild Thing Bag

I had a little bit of an issue placing my order online, so I had to call Sephora's customer service to complete the order.  The service rep picked out a few samples for me.




Head over to Sephora's website and check out what's on sale.  These items don't stick around for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment