Friday, April 5, 2013

A Manicure Fit For Travel



With travel season in full swing (even though the weather may not be), the last thing I want to do while on vacation, is fuss over my nails.  If I'm traveling on a get away, I'd like to spend my vacation soaking in the sights and not so much primping and prepping to soak in the sights.  To remedy this, I want a manicure that will last for days...heck...weeks!

It seems as though there has been a boom in the market for LED and UV products.  Since my nails are probably the MOST neglected part of my beauty regimen, having a low maintenance manicure is right up my alley.  Making the initial purchases to start off your UV/LED kits can be a bit pricey, but over the long haul, it might even pay off.

Last week, while browsing through Ulta's clearance section, I noticed they had a host of gel polishes on the rack.  It looks like Ulta is getting rid of their inventory of ProGel Supernail gel polishes.  These polishes originally retailed for $14.50 and have since been marked down to $6.99.  These polishes are fit for both UV and LED systems.  I picked up some colors that were still available at my local Ulta and headed over to Sally's Beauty Supply to grab a Gelish topcoat.

Gelish "Top it Off" Soak-off Gel topcoat
I have to admit that this was my first time trying these products.  I was familiar with the Gelish brand, but had never used their products before.  I haven't really ventured down the road of buying gel polishes, I think it's partly because I feel like I invested in regular nail polishes.  Nowadays, there's plenty of tutorials and testimonials out there of people being able to use their regular polishes in conjunction with the gel polishes. 
ProGel SuperNail 100% Gel Polish in Clean Linens
I decided to get "Clean Linens" because I thought it could work for a French manicure, or it could serve as a good base color, to make neon or jelly polishes pop.  I've had my share of unsuccessful experiences with trying to layer neons and jelly polishes over regular white polish.  With the capability of a gel polish to cure, it should make layering colors easier.

ProGel SuperNail 100% Gel Polish in Cactus Flower

ProGel SuperNail 100% Gel Polish in Beachy Pink
The biggest difference between "Cactus Flower" and "Beachy Pink" is the fact that "Beachy Pink" has a slight frosty finish.


ProGel SuperNail 100% Gel Polish in Obsidian

Although you may not be able to find the polishes on Ulta's website, you may have luck checking your local store. 


No comments:

Post a Comment