Monday, March 4, 2013

Buxom Shimmer, Shine, & Smoke: Sephora Beauty Insider Kit


For those of you who are familiar with Sephora's Beauty Insider plan, you know it is a way to keep beauty addicts hooked. Rarely do I find myself redeeming my rewards, but I have run across something that I think is totally worth it…Buxom’s Shimmer, Shine, and Smoke kit.

If you aren’t familiar with Sephora’s Beauty Insider program, let me take a moment to give an overview.  Sephora is one of the main retailers for many different beauty brands.  To become a Beauty Insider, there is no additional cost.  One of the perks you receive as a Beauty Insider is a complimentary birthday gift (on or around your birthday) as well as a chance to earn Beauty Insider points.  Beauty Insiders can use the points to redeem featured products that have been selected by Sephora.  Often times the products are trial size.  It isn’t often that I come across products that I want to try or that I’m willing to cash in my points for.  In fact, I have only used my points one other time, and it just turns out that those products were by Buxom too.

Now, on to the kit…

Buxom’s Shimmer, Shine, and Smoke kit features four trial size products, all of which are available for purchase in full size.  The contents included in the kit are:

 


 
 
 
Mini waterproof smoky eye stick in Silversword (0.42g/0.015oz.):

Silversword is an interesting name for this product.  I wonder if it was inspired by the plant whose leaves are covered with silver hairs.  Silversword, the eye stick, comes across as a charcoal gray/black with almost microscopic silver flecks.  This smoky eye stick is very reminiscent of a shade stick, but once this product sets, it definitely isn’t going to budge.  Surprisingly, I found this product very easy to remove with soap.


 

This full size product is currently available at Sephora.com (0.03oz) for $19 USD.

 

 

Mini Lash Mascara in Blackest Black (6mL/0.2fl.oz):

This mascara is said to be volumizing.  One thing that I noticed about this product is the applicator.  The bristles are more like combs, making it difficult for clumping.





Bare Lashes


One coat


Two coats
 

This full size product also comes in a waterproof formula.  Both mascaras are currently available at Sephora.com (estimate: 11mL/0.37fl.oz is the closest reference I could find.  Product size is not listed on Sephora or Bare Essentuals website) for $19 USD.

 

 

Buxom Big and Healthy lip polish in Sugar (2mL/0.07fl.oz.):

As I mentioned earlier, the only other Beauty Insider reward that I redeemed with my points was a Buxom kit with lip products.  This lip polish is advertised as a “sheer, shimmering gloss”.  I didn’t experience much opacity with this lip gloss.  One thing that I like about Buxom’s lip polishes is the tingling sensation your lips feel when they’re applied.  It’s like you can feel your lips becoming fuller.  Sugar could not have been more appropriately named because that is definitely the aroma that this product exudes.




No Flash


Flash
 

This full size product is currently available at Sephora.com (4.45mL/0.15fl.oz.) for $19 USD.

 

 

Mini Divine Goddess™ Luminizer in Venus (30mL/1fl.oz.):

According to the product label, this product can be worn on the “cheeks, temples, décolleté, or all over your face…”  I haven’t had a chance to work this product into my makeup regimen, but with hopes of warm weather in the near future, I am looking forward to trying this out.  Heck, I may not wait too much longer for the weather.  I did swatch this product on my arm and much like the waterproof eye stick; the luminizer didn’t seem to budge once set.  The true test will come when I try this luminizer on my combination/oily face.



 

This full size product is currently available at Sephora.com (60mL/2fl.oz) for $28 USD.

 

Swatches with flash

Swatches without flash
 
 

The availability of this kit will depend on the Sephora locations.  If you haven’t had a chance to check this kit out, you may want to give it a try.  It is a 500 point perk.  If you want to check out the full size products, they are available at Sephora.com.

 

*Prices and availability are subject to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment