Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hello Kitty Sephora: Last Call for Polish


Left to Right: Ice Cube, Banana Cream, Minty, Blueberry, Purple Sprinkles, Pink Sprinkles, Frosted Cupcake, and Bubble Gum

A while back, I posted that Sephora had placed some items from there "permanent" Hello Kitty line on sale.  The prices for these polishes had been reduced to $5, down from $10.I was able to grab all 8 of the nail polishes that they featured in their permanent line.  Recently, I decided to scour the Sephora website and noticed that the selection of Hello Kitty nail polishes has dwindled.

Banana Cream, 3 coats
Banana Cream is definitely an appropriate name for this shade.  This was a slightly thin formula and needed 3 coats to show this opacity.  This creamy yellow shade is just in time for the spring season.



Minty, 3 coats
Minty probably had a thinner application than Banana Cream.  Neither color seemed difficult to build, nor did it seem to take long to dry.  Although the formula was a bit on the watery side, the fact that I was able to apply multiple coats in a relatively short amount of time, made this product worth while.  I'm a bit impatient when it comes to waiting on nail polish to dry.



Blueberry, 2 coats
Blueberry was probably the most opaque out of all of these polishes.  This is definitely a plus in my book, as I am very much a fan of opaque polishes.  It only took 2 coats to build up this opacity and I was almost good to go with only one coat.



Purple Sprinkles, 2 coats
Purple Sprinkles turned out to be another pleasant surprise for me.  This polish was very dense with glittery goodness.  It only took two coats to build up this opacity.  This might be a color that could stand alone.


Frosted Cupcake, 4 coats
Frosted Cupcake came as a bit of a surprise.  I didnt' expect this color to be as sheer as it was.  It took 4 coats to build up to this opacity.  This might better serve as a top coat, rather than a stand-alone polish.


Pink Sprinkles, 4 coats
With this polish, I was surprised at how much the base color showed up.  I expected to get peachy/pink iridescent glitter in a clear polish, rather than the peach base color.  It did take 4 coats to build to this opacity, so this glitter polish is not as dense as Purple Sprinkles.  This polish might be great for layering.



Bubble Gum, 3 coats
Bubble Gum applied in much the same way that Minty did.  This polish seemed to be a bit thin, but there wasn't much down time between coats.  I enjoyed this color so much that I decided on this for my manicure after I finished shooting pictures for this post.

Overall, I think that these polishes were worth the money and the cute packaging is just an added bonus.  These polishes will make a wonderful addition to the polishes that I purchased back during the release of the 2011 holiday collection.  It looks like Sephora has made room for the latest Hello Kitty nail polishes, just in time for Summer.  If you haven't guessed by now, I can't wait to sink my nails into those bright colors.




If you were on the fence about these beauties, this may be your final opportunity to snatch them up.  If you don't see the shade you adore online, you might be able to check your local Sephora while supplies last.

No comments:

Post a Comment