Thursday, February 28, 2013

MAC Archie's Girls Collection...It's still not over

To see my previous posts on this collection, click here or here.



Just when I thought I was close to being done stalking this collection, I return to post more goodies. I made, yet another trip to my local MAC counter, only to learn that many of the items from this collection are still in stock. I decided to take a closer look at some of the products that I passed on, in addition to finally picking up the eyeshadow palettes from this collection.
 
I’ve had some time to play around with my new found goodies, and I’m ready to share my experience.
 
Let's start with the lip products...



Mall Madness (right) and Stay Sweet (left)




Stay Sweet lipgass (a light lavendar pink)


Mall Madness (a midtone pink violet)


Stay Sweet (right) and Mall Madness (left) swatched with Flash


Stay Sweet (right) and Mall Madness (left) swatched without Flash
 
 
 

Now for the eyeshadows...




Spoiled Rich (right) and Caramel Sundae (left)


Caramel Sundae: Cheryl Chic, Dreammaker, Caramel Sundae, and Showstopper


Spoiled Rich: Pin-up Purple, Spoiled Rich, Ron Ron Run, and Gravel


Look created using the Caramel Sundae Palette.
Caramel Sundae (lid color), Cheryl Chic (inner corner),
Showstopper (outer-v and crease color), and
Dreammaker (brow bone/highlight color)


Look created using the Spoiled Rich Palette.
Spoiled Rich (lid color), Pin-up Purple (inner corner),
Ron Ron Run (outer-v and crease color), and
Gravel (outer-v color)
 
These eyeshadows were very easy for me to apply.  I didn't experience any trouble with the pigmentation, build of color, or even blending.  It was refreshing to know that these were palettes that I could create complete and cohesive looks with.  With many of the palettes I've purchased in the past, I found myself reaching for other colors to complete an eyeshadow look.  These palettes may actually make great travel companions for me, with their compact size, handy mirror to see my work, and will be great for day to night looks.
 
 
I won't suggest that I'm done with this collection (especially judging from the number of posts I've dedicated to MAC's Archie's Girls), so...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment