Monday, December 16, 2013

RiRi Hearts MAC: Holiday Roundup

MAC and Rihanna have done it again.  The final installment of the MAC/Rihanna collaboration has brought about mass pandemonium.  I managed to get my hands on a good heap of the collection.  Check out this post to see my thoughts.



The RiRi Hearts MAC Holiday collection launched online December 5th and in stores December 12th.  With all the grumblings of waiting rooms and crashing web pages, I decided to try my luck and brave the stores to make my purchase.

The night before the in-store launch, I called myself going on a little recon mission to extract any information I could from the MAC employees, but they were very tight-lipped about everything.  My husband offered to stand in line for me to get my hands on this collections, but those plans became slightly altered the day of.  We decided to "divide and conquer"...he would drop the kids off at school and I would get a jump on getting to the mall early.  His way of motivating me to get out of the house was taunting me with thoughts of all the other make-up addicts that were probably already standing in line.

Finally, I arrived outside of my mall, I was still nervous as to where, exactly, I needed to be.  Which door would they open first?  I had a pretty traumatic experience with the Fall launch of the RiRi Hearts MAC collection.  I wasn't able to get anything from my local counter.  A very good friend of mine agreed to go on my behalf and apparently the door she stood in front of was last to be opened.

I pulled up and only saw one young lady in her car.  I had approximately thirty minutes before the MAC counter opened, so I decided to stand in the freezing cold, just to be sure I didn't have to claw my way to the front of the line.  Slowly, more MAC fiends began to trickle up toward the doors and by this time, my husband had dropped the kids off and was headed to the mall to wait by the department store gate.  I chatted up with a group of lipstick loving souls.  We traded laughs and whatever information we had.  It seems like there were some inconsistencies with the quantity of items the MAC counter actually had.  With about five minutes left until opening, the doors were opened, I kindly asked that no one rum me over, and I power walked my way to the MAC counter.  I was first in line!!



Before the MA could ask, I whipped my list out of my back pocket and got everything on it...well almost.  Luckily, I decided to check my bag and realized that the MA accidentally put the wrong eyeliner in my bag.  I quickly swapped out for the correct shade before they were out of stock.

This collection released 2 eyeshadow palettes, 2 superslick eyeliners, 3 lipsticks, a bronzing powder, a nail polish, a makeup bag,  and a double sided brush.  I was able to walk away with: 1 pallete, 1 eyeliner, all 3 lipsticks, the bronzer, nail polish, and makeup bag.

Stay tuned for swatches and pictures of the products I purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment